Narrative Designer | Game Writer | Author
Storytelling is what I do. I have established my career in Narrative Design and Game Writing because games have the ability to touch and transform individuals in a way other media cannot. Simply put, I believe interactivity is the future of storytelling, and I intend to be part of that future.
I am currently working as a Writer on an ambitious AAA horror-adventure title at Firesprite Games.
Previously, I worked with Soma Games on seven upcoming titles in The Lost Legends of Redwall series. I started at Soma in 2019 as a Narrative Designer and Game Writer, but was promoted to Lead ND/Game Writer in 2020.
I have also:
- Published three short stories
- Worked in development at Hivemind Entertainment
- Edited and story consulted an award-winning short film
- Tutored university students in narrative writing
- Received a BFA in Cinematic Arts Production and a Minor in English Writing and Literature
- Am writing my debut novel
- Am working on multiple upcoming games and works of prose
- + more!
As a kid, I wasn’t allowed to own video games, and so they became a sacred wonder in my life. I’d impatiently look forward to visiting my cousins just so we might play Super Smash Bros Melee or Ocarina of Time. The day I turned eighteen, I bought my own PS3. And so…I guess my parents’ plan sort-of backfired!
I pursued film first, thinking I wanted to be a director. But by the time I graduated from Azusa Pacific University in 2019 with a film degree, I knew it wasn’t where I belonged. I started making video games with friends for fun, and I found my start in the industry at Soma Games following graduation, where I was immediately thrown into writing their multi-million-dollar Redwall series.
I haven’t turned back, nor do I plan to.
Note: I have previously been known or credited by the names “Amy Rose,” “A. R. Lowery,” and currently publish prose under the pen name “Alexander Ren”
- Writer @ Firesprite Games (2022-Present)
- Lead Narrative Designer/Game Writer @ Soma Games (2020-2021)
- Narrative Designer/Game Writer @ Soma Games (2019-2020)
- Development Intern @ Hivemind Entertainment (2018)
- Cinematic Arts Student Teacher/Tutor @ Azusa Pacific University (2016-2019)
My All-Time Favorite Games
- What Remains of Edith Finch
- Final Fantasy VII
- Resident Evil 7
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess